Address books Schleswig-Holstein
17. August 2016
Address books Saxony-Anhalt
18. August 2016

Address books Silesia

Address books Silesia

A fter the Congress of Vienna in 1815 Silesia became one of the ten provinces of Prussia. The provincial capital became Breslau. The northeastern half of Upper Lusatia, which was to be ceded to the Kingdom of Saxony, was added to the Prussian province in 1816. Only Peußisch-Silesia became part of the German national state. At the end of the First World War, the losers had to hand over their parts to Schesien to the states of Poland and Czechoslovakia. In 1920 the northeastern half of the district Groß Wartenberg, the Reichthaler Ländchen and small parts of the district Guhrau and Militsch, fell to the Poles. At the end of the Second World War, the area east of the Oder-Neisse line was placed under Polish administration and a large part of the population was expelled from Silesia.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Research aids in the category Address Books Silesia

Beuthen and surroundings

Brieg and surroundings

Cunnersdorf

Gliwice and surroundings