Address books Thuringia
apoleon won the Battle of Jena and Auerstedt in 1806 over the Kingdom of Prussia and Thuringia became the home of the fraternities. The first such student fraternity is founded in Jena. An important action of the fraternities in Thuringia was the Wartburg festival in 1817.
After the Congress of Vienna, many areas fall to Prussia, except the area around Schmalkalden. This belonged to Hesse-Kassel, which also became Prussian in 1866.
With the extinction of the line Saxony-Gotha-Altenburg, the duchies are newly divided.
At the end of the 19th century the following countries were united as Thuringian states:
- Grand Duchy of Saxony-Weimar-Eisenach
- Duchy of Saxe-Meiningen
- Duchy of Saxony-Altenburg
- Duchy of Saxe-Coburg-Goth
- Principality of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt
- Principality of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen
- Principality of Reuss younger line
- Principality Reuss older line